Wednesday 3 August 2016

SCARED

Grrrrgh!! Grrrrgh!!! 

Arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh! That was my alarm! I pressed a pillow to my head and burrowed deeper into my soft bed. I really should have turned off that alarm last night. I couldn't remember when I slept, I looked at my bed and saw the ruffled bedspreads. I knew I had a troubled sleep. I was angry at the clock, angry at the world, angry at myself, I should have said No firmly, I should have fought harder,
I should have stayed back in my dorm, I didn’t want to wake up to face the real world or take responsibility for my action.
Finally, I was up. I stood up grudgingly and undressed. I was nude in front of my dressing mirror. I took in all my features; I wasn’t a great beauty to behold. I was an average I had small light pink lips that were a little full, my nose was just, right not big or small, wide or narrow, flat or pointed. I liked it. My eyebrows had little arcs that everyone loved. My eyes had a look that made people want to hug me and tell me it would be fine.  My hair was golden brown and stopped at my shoulders.  I wasn’t at peace with my body, it was not perfect.  Nothing was.  I was just there with little curves that were barely noticeable, I wasn’t straight and I wasn’t curvy, My body wasn’t like the kardashians , it was mine in custom uniform. I looked at my stomach, I remembered, I was with a child  and it didn’t look any different, nothing had changed yet .
Today I will tell my bestfriend Nicky. I would have to inform Eddie, Eddie was his name. my lover’s name.  

What will my Parents say?



No comments: